Master studies in USA
American universities and colleges offer wide range of master programs across different study fields.
Benefits of Master studies in the USA
- Master diploma of some American university is highly respected not only in the USA but worldwide
- With (F) student visa you have opportunity to work part-time jobs (up to 20 hours a week) on campus during a semester and full-time during breaks
- Only 3% of Americans have Master degree which can be your advantage during employment if your plan is to stay in this country
- After completed Master studies you have opportunity to continue your education with PhD studies and extend your student visa
- During studies or after you graduate you can extend your (F) student visa by applying for Practical Training (OPT or CPT) relevant to your study field. These are usually paid internships which last up to a year and could bring you valuable work experience. Graduates of STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math) could apply for STEM OPT practice that lasts 2 years.
- If you meet certain conditions, after this you can submit a petition for (H1-B) temporary work visa
Important information and conditions for мaster studies in USA
The academic year in the USA starts in Fall and Spring. Fall intake starts in September and this is the most popular intake with the largest offer of programs, spring inake starts in January and in for this intake the offer is limited.
Master studies in the USA usually last 2 years.
Tuition fees for Master studies in the USA depend on the study field and institution and they start from 20.000USD per year and can be paid on a semester basis.
Enrollment conditions for Master studies as well as for professional degree programs are completed bachelor studies and passed some of the internationally recognized English language tests (TOEFL, IELTS etc).
Certain education institutions may require good existing knowledge in some field in a form of a test or essay as well as taking GRE or GMAT test.