Graduate certificate i diploma in USA
Graduate Certificate and Diploma programs in the USA are offered at colleges and universities and regarding the level of education they come after Bachelor studies.
Compared to Master studies they last shorter and they professionally and practically oriented.
Benefits of Graduate Certificate and Diploma programs in the USA
- These programs are designed to deepen knowledge acquired at Bachelor studies or to expand it on new and related study disciplines
- Benefit of taking these programs is that they last and cost less than Master studies
- These programs are oriented on professional and practical skills which can help you get a job easier
- With these qualifications you can advance in your career or retrain and start a new one
- With (F) student visa you have an opportunity to work part-time jobs (up to 20 hours a week) on campus during semesters and full-time during breaks
- During studies or after you graduate you can extend your (F) student visa by applying for Practical Training (OPT or CPT) relevant to your study field. These are usually paid internships which last up to a year and could bring you valuable work experience. Graduates of STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math) could apply for STEM OPT practice that lasts 2 years.
- If you meet certain conditions, after this you can submit an application for (H1-B) temporary work visa
Important information and conditions for Graduate Diploma and Certificate in USA
The academic year in the USA starts in September and January. Besides these two intakes, some institutions offer quartal intakes for Garduate certificate and diploma courses.
Graduate Certificate and Diploma programs usually last one year.
Tuition fees for these programs depend on study program, duration and institution and they start from 10.000USD par year and can be paid on installments.
Enrollment conditions for these programs are completed Bachelor studies and passed some of the internationally recognized English language tests (TOEFL, IELTS etc).