English courses in New Zealand
English language courses in New Zealand are offered at more than 600 private colleges, public technical and polytechnic institutes and even some universities.
Benefits of enrolling English language course in New Zealand
- If you plan on taking the course that lasts less than 3 months you will need a visitor visa, but for the courses above 3 months you need to get student visa.
- With this course you can improve you English language skills whether you wish to work, live or study in New Zealand
- If you need to take IELTS test, IELTS preparation course in New Zealand could help you to prepare for taking the test
- In multicultural environment you can learn language faster and better than taking regular language course in your home country
- You can use this period to get to know environment, make new friendships and adjust to a way of living in New Zealand
Types of English language courses in New Zealand
- General English – For everyone who wish to upgrade their English language skills for everyday communication, work or travels
- English for Academic Purposes – Designed for everyone who plan on studying at some New Zealand’s universities, this course will help you developing language skills necessary for academic environment
- Exam preparation (IELTS, CAE, TOEFL) – for everyone who plan on taking some of the English language tests
- English for Specific Purposes – for everyone who wish to improve their English language skills in order to get a job
Important information and conditions for English courses in New Zealand
You can start with your course any Monday in a year.
Depending on your needs, English language course can last from 4 weeks up to a year.
Tuition fees for these courses depend on the type, duration as well as on the fact whether you take your course at private or public institution.
Fees for General English course at some public institution on average is 300NZD per week.
There are no specific conditions for enrollment in English language course.